FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship:As a female student pursuing a career in finance or a related field, you may feel discouraged at times by the lack of gender diversity in the industry. While progress is being made, women remain underrepresented in leadership and executive roles.
The good news is that organizations are actively working to drive change and support the next generation of women in finance. One such example is the FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship.
This prestigious scholarship program, sponsored by FINCAD, a leading provider of financial risk analytics software, provides selected female students the opportunity to receive funding for their post-secondary education, as well as mentorship and networking opportunities in the finance industry.
Three scholarship awards of $10,000 CAD are granted each year to deserving students enrolled in a finance, mathematics, engineering, IT or business program at a Canadian university.
If selected as a recipient, you would gain valuable experience, connections and support to help launch your promising career. The application deadline is November 30th, so you have a limited window to take advantage of this empowering program.
Overview of the FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship
The FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship is an annual $10,000 scholarship awarded to one female university student in her final year of study. The scholarship recognizes and supports outstanding women in finance who are poised to become leaders in the industry.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be enrolled full-time in their final year of an undergraduate or masters finance, financial engineering, mathematics, engineering, economics or business program at a Canadian university.
- Demonstrate high academic achievement, leadership, and community involvement. A minimum GPA of 3.5 is required.
- Be planning to pursue a career in finance, financial engineering, financial risk management or financial mathematics.
The application process includes:
- Submitting an online application including a resume and personal statement. The personal statement should highlight your leadership experience, career goals, and how you plan to contribute to the finance industry.
- Providing two letters of recommendation from professors who can speak to your academic abilities and potential in the field.
- Completing a video interview. Finalists will participate in a video call with members of the scholarship selection committee.
The recipient of the FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship will be invited to attend a networking event, receive mentoring opportunities, and have the chance to participate in an internship at FINCAD. The goal of the scholarship is to support and empower women to take on leadership roles within finance.
Eligibility Requirements for the Scholarship
To be eligible for the FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Citizenship and Residency
Applicants must be female students who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
2. Program of Study
Applicants must be enrolled in a finance, mathematics, economics, engineering, information technology, or related program at a Canadian post-secondary institution (university or college). Programs that develop skills for a career in finance are preferred.
3. Academic Standing
Applicants must be in good academic standing and on track to receive an undergraduate or Master’s degree. Preference will be given to students with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.
4. Future Career Plans
Applicants must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in finance or fintech. Preference will be given to those with a clear vision for their future career in these fields.
To apply for the FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship, submit a completed application form, resume, academic transcripts, one academic reference letter and a short essay explaining your interest and future goals in finance. Applications must be received by January 31, 2024.
The FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship aims to encourage and support exceptional female students in Canada who are committed to advancing their education and preparing for a career in finance or financial technology. By providing financial assistance for tuition and living expenses, FINCAD hopes to help open doors for the next generation of women leaders in the finance industry.
How to Apply for the FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship
To apply for the FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship, you must meet the eligibility criteria and submit a complete application.
To be eligible for the FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship, you must:
- Identify as a woman
- Be enrolled in a finance, mathematics, engineering or IT program at a Canadian university
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0
- Be available for an internship at FINCAD during the summer of 2024
To apply, you must submit the following:
- A resume highlighting your education, work experience, extracurricular activities, honors and awards. Include relevant coursework, projects, volunteering, and leadership experience.
- An unofficial transcript from your current university showing courses completed and grades achieved. Your transcript should demonstrate a strong performance in quantitative and analytical courses.
- A personal statement (500 to 750 words) discussing your interest in the field of finance or financial technology. Explain your future goals and career aspirations. Discuss how the FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship and internship opportunity will help you achieve these goals. Express why you are deserving of the scholarship.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors who can speak to your abilities and potential in the field. Ask them to highlight qualities like your analytical mindset, problem-solving skills, and work ethic.
- An indication of your availability for an 8 to 12 week internship at FINCAD’s headquarters in Vancouver, British Columbia during Summer 2022.
The deadline to submit a complete application for the FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship is December 31, 2023. Recipients will be announced in early February 2024. Please submit all materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions, contact the FINCAD Scholarship Committee at the same email address.
This prestigious scholarship and internship provides an incredible opportunity to gain valuable experience in finance and fintech. With a compelling application demonstrating your abilities, passion, and determination, you have an excellent chance of being selected as a recipient.
Deadline: December 31st 2023
What the Scholarship Covers
The FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship provides assistance for exceptional female students pursuing finance-related studies at a Canadian university. The scholarship covers:
1. Tuition Fees
The FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship will contribute $5,000 per year towards tuition fees at the recipient’s institution for the next two academic school years. The funds are paid directly to the university or college on behalf of the student. This support can help alleviate financial pressures and allow the student to focus on her studies.
2. Opportunities for Networking and Mentorship
As a scholarship recipient, you will gain access to networking and mentorship opportunities within FINCAD and the finance industry. You will be paired with a mentor at FINCAD who can provide guidance and advice for pursuing a career in finance.
You will also be invited to attend FINCAD’s speaker series and other company events. Through these opportunities, you can connect with leading professionals in finance and begin building your professional network.
3. Career Support
FINCAD is committed to supporting the career development and advancement of women in finance. Scholarship recipients will receive support in exploring career options, developing career plans, and preparing for the job market. This may include resume and cover letter review, mock interviews, access to job postings, and more. FINCAD aims to set up scholarship recipients for success as they embark on finance careers after graduating.
In summary, the FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship provides both financial and practical support for ambitious female students in finance. The scholarship funds, mentorship, networking, and career development opportunities can be instrumental for students in achieving their full potential and breaking into the finance field. If you are a high-achieving student passionate about finance, the FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship may be an ideal way to fund your studies and jumpstart your career.
The FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship provides a unique opportunity for female students pursuing finance and technology degrees. By applying for this scholarship, you have the chance to receive funding for your education and gain valuable experience in the field.
The mentorship and networking components of the program will allow you to learn from leaders currently working in finance technology roles. While the field of finance has been traditionally male-dominated, this scholarship aims to support and empower women entering the industry. If selected as a recipient, you will join a community of like-minded women passionate about innovation in financial services.
The application deadline is approaching soon, so take the time to put together a strong application highlighting your experience, skills, and future goals within the finance and technology fields. This could be the chance you’ve been looking for to jumpstart your career.