Griffith University Scholarships: As an ambitious student looking to advance your education, you understand the importance of finding ways to fund your goals. Higher education opens doors to opportunity, but it also brings significant costs. For many, scholarships make the difference between attending university or not. If you have your sights set on studying at Griffith University, you’ll want to explore the range of scholarships they offer to help ease your financial burden.
Griffith University, one of Australia’s most innovative tertiary institutions, aims to make education accessible. They offer a variety of scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate study in fields across the arts, sciences, business, law, education, and health. Whether you’re a high-achieving student, from an underrepresented group, or facing financial hardship, Griffith likely has a scholarship for which you would be eligible. Their generous scholarships can cover partial or full tuition fees as well as provide stipends for living expenses.
With multiple campuses spanning Queensland’s coastline, from the Gold Coast to Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, Griffith University is an attractive place to study. Their scholarships make that opportunity a reality for many students. If you’re ready to become part of the vibrant, multicultural Griffith community, start by exploring the range of scholarships on offer and applying for those that match your unique situation. A life-changing education may be more within your reach than you realize.
Overview of Scholarships Offered at Griffith University
Griffith University offers a range of scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduate study.
1. Undergraduate Scholarships
Griffith University offers many undergraduate scholarships for domestic and international students based on academic merit and equity. Some options include:
- Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship – Covers up to $10,000 per year for the duration of the undergraduate degree for high-achieving students.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship – Provides $5,000 per year for Indigenous Australian students.
- Equity Scholarship – Offers $3,000 per year for students facing educational disadvantages due to circumstances like financial hardship, medical condition, or refugee status.
2. Postgraduate Scholarships
Griffith also offers various postgraduate scholarships for coursework and research degrees. These include:
- Postgraduate Research Scholarship – Provides living allowance of $27,082 per year for PhD and master’s by research students.
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship – Offers tuition fee waiver and living allowance for high-achieving international research students.
- Coursework Scholarship – Covers 25-100% of tuition fees for high-achieving postgraduate coursework students facing financial hardship.
With many generous scholarships on offer, Griffith University helps make higher education accessible to students from all backgrounds. For more details and to apply, visit griffith.edu.au/scholarships.
Merit-Based Scholarships at Griffith University
To be considered for merit-based scholarships at Griffith University, you must first meet the eligibility criteria. This includes:
1. Academic Achievement
Having a minimum ATAR or OP score to qualify for admission into an undergraduate degree program at Griffith University. Higher scores will make you a more competitive candidate for scholarships.
2. Leadership and Community Involvement
Demonstrating leadership qualities and community participation through extracurricular activities, volunteer work, sports, arts, music, and more. Provide examples of your involvement and any recognition or awards received.
3. Career Goals and Motivation
Expressing your motivation for pursuing a degree at Griffith University and your future career goals. Discuss how a Griffith education and specific areas of study will help you achieve your ambitions.
4. Financial Hardship
If applicable, explaining your financial situation in detail and why receiving a scholarship is critical for you to attend university. Provide evidence to support your circumstances.
To apply for merit-based scholarships, you must submit an online application which includes a personal statement, resume, academic transcripts, and in some cases references or other supporting documents. Griffith University assesses applicants based on the selection criteria for that particular scholarship. The application process opens in September and closes in December for study the following year.
With hard work and perseverance, you have the opportunity to earn a merit-based scholarship at Griffith University. Put in the effort to apply and you could receive funding to support your tertiary education. Best of luck!
Need-Based Scholarships Available
Griffith University offers need-based scholarships for domestic and international students to help make university more accessible. If you require financial assistance due to your circumstances, the following scholarships may be available to you.
1. Equity Scholarships
Equity Scholarships are awarded based on a combination of your financial situation, academic ability, and other educational barriers you may face. They provide between $1,500 to $15,000 per year for the duration of your undergraduate degree. To be eligible, you must demonstrate high financial need, be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, and meet minimum academic requirements.
2. Accommodation Scholarships
Accommodation Scholarships provide between $5,000 to $10,000 per year to help cover your housing and living costs while studying at Griffith University. You must have a low income or be facing financial hardship to qualify. These scholarships are open to both domestic and international students.
3. Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships
Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. They cover tuition fees, living allowances, and other costs for the duration of your undergraduate degree. To apply, you must be an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, meet academic entry requirements, and show you need financial assistance. Scholarships are awarded based on merit.
Griffith University believes that a student’s financial situation should not be a barrier to accessing higher education. By providing a range of need-based scholarships, the university aims to make degrees attainable for disadvantaged students and those facing economic hardship. If you require financial support for your studies, be sure to explore the scholarships available and apply for any that match your circumstances.
Athletic and Sports Scholarships
Griffith University offers a number of athletic and sports scholarships for students who excel in a particular sport. To be eligible for a Griffith sports scholarship, you must:
- Meet the entry requirements for your chosen degree program
- Be competing at a high level in your chosen sport (e.g. national or state representative level)
- Be able to demonstrate a commitment to continuous participation and excellence in your sport
- Maintain a minimum GPA while studying
Scholarships can cover 25%, 50% or 100% of tuition fees for the duration of your undergraduate degree. Sports scholarships are awarded based on your sporting ability and potential, as assessed at an interview, trial and based on your sporting resume and references.
Some of the sports scholarships on offer at Griffith include:
Griffith University has a highly successful swimming program and offers scholarships for elite swimmers. Successful applicants will have achieved national qualifying times and competed at a national level.
2. Rugby League
Scholarships are available for players in the NRL competition. Applicants must be part of an NRL development program and be looking to study while continuing to compete in the NRL.
Scholarships are offered to elite basketball players who compete in the NBL, WNBL or Australian Junior Championships at U20 or U18 level. Applicants must be looking to combine study with continued participation in elite basketball.
4. Many other sports
Scholarships are also offered for athletes in sports like athletics, tennis, football, netball and more. For details on the full range of sports scholarships available and to apply, visit the Griffith Sports College website.
Griffith University athletic and sports scholarships provide a fantastic opportunity for elite athletes to pursue tertiary education while continuing to compete at a high level in their chosen sport. If you meet the criteria, these scholarships can provide financial support as well as additional benefits to help you achieve sporting and academic excellence.
How to Apply for Scholarships at Griffith University
To apply for scholarships at Griffith University, follow these steps:
1. Research Available Scholarships
Explore the scholarships listed on Griffith University’s website to find opportunities you may be eligible for based on your program of study, background, experiences, and interests. Some options include:
- Academic Excellence Scholarships for high-achieving students
- Equity Scholarships for students facing financial hardship
- Accommodation Scholarships to assist with on-campus housing costs
2. Check Eligibility Criteria
Review the eligibility criteria for scholarships you are interested in to ensure you meet all requirements, such as:
- Program enrollment
- Residency status
- Minimum GPA
- Extracurricular involvement or community service
If you do not currently meet all criteria, you may be able to strengthen your application by improving in certain areas before applying.
3. Prepare Your Application
Once you have determined which scholarships you wish to apply for, gather all required documentation, which commonly includes:
- Academic transcripts
- Personal statements
- References or letters of recommendation
- Evidence of extracurricular activities or community service
Submit all materials well before the posted deadlines to allow sufficient time for review.
4. Submit Your Application
Most scholarships at Griffith University require online submission through the university’s scholarship portal. Follow all instructions carefully and double check that you have included all necessary documents before submitting.
Notifications regarding the status of your application will be sent via the email you provide. Best of luck! Applying for scholarships is a worthwhile endeavor that can help make higher education more accessible and affordable. Do not hesitate to contact the university with any other questions you may have about their scholarship programs.
1. What scholarships are available at Griffith University?
Griffith University offers a wide range of scholarships and bursaries to support students in their studies. Some of the options include:
- Academic Excellence Scholarships for high-achieving students entering undergraduate or postgraduate programs.
- Equity Scholarships for students facing financial hardship or disadvantage.
- Accommodation Scholarships to assist with on-campus housing costs.
- Sports Scholarships for elite athletes.
- Donor-funded Scholarships established by private donors and organizations to support students in certain fields of study or with certain backgrounds.
2. How do I apply for a scholarship?
Most Griffith University scholarships require you to submit an online application. The application process typically involves:
- Reviewing the eligibility criteria and requirements for the scholarship(s) you wish to apply for.
- Gathering any required supporting documentation, such as academic transcripts, references, or evidence of financial hardship.
- Completing the online application which will include questions about your background, qualifications, and future goals. You will also be asked to provide a personal statement outlining your motivation for study and how the scholarship will benefit you.
- Submitting your application before the advertised deadline. Some scholarships may require an interview. You will be notified if an interview is required as part of the selection process.
3. When are scholarship applications open?
Scholarship application opening and closing dates vary depending on the specific scholarship. In general:
- Equity and Accommodation Scholarship applications open in October for study in the following year.
- Academic Excellence and Donor-funded Scholarship applications typically open between August and October for study in the following year.
- Mid-year Equity Scholarship applications may open in April for study in the same year.
It is best to check the website for your chosen scholarship for its specific opening and closing dates each year. Apply as early as possible to maximize your chances of success.l