Humber International Entrance Scholarships: As an international student pursuing higher education in Canada,you have access to a variety of scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies. One such opportunity is the Humber International Entrance Scholarships. Humber College offers renewable scholarships of $1,000-$5,000 for international students beginning their studies.
With campuses in Toronto, Ontario, Humber provides career-focused education in over 150 programs spanning the arts, business, health sciences, hospitality, and technology. By applying for the International Entrance Scholarships, you could receive up to $20,000 over the course of a four-year degree to put towards your tuition and living expenses.
The deadline to apply for the Fall 2023 intake is June 1, 2024, so start preparing your application today to take advantage of this generous scholarship program and achieve your dream of studying abroad at Humber College.
Overview of Humber International Entrance Scholarships
Humber College offers renewable entrance scholarships worth up to $8,000 CAD for international students. To be eligible, you must:
- Apply and be admitted to a full-time postsecondary program at Humber for the first time.
- Have a minimum final admission average of 80% or equivalent.
- Be an international student paying international student fees.
The scholarships are awarded based on your final admission average. The higher your average, the more funding you receive. Scholarships are renewable for up to 3 additional years of full-time study if you maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 in your program.
The scholarships aim to recognize and reward the outstanding achievements of international students. By awarding renewable scholarships, Humber hopes to encourage international students to choose Humber to pursue their postsecondary studies.
To apply, simply submit a completed Humber application for admission. There is no separate application for the entrance scholarships. You will be automatically considered for a scholarship based on your admission average.
The amount of each award may vary from year to year. For the most up-to-date details on eligibility, award amounts, and application deadlines, visit Humber’s website.
These prestigious scholarships demonstrate Humber’s commitment to supporting international students. Take advantage of this opportunity to fund your education at one of Canada’s most diverse postsecondary institutions.
Eligibility Requirements for the Scholarships
To be eligible for the Humber International Entrance Scholarships, you must meet the following requirements:
You must be an international student who is not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. Both undergraduate and postgraduate international students are eligible to apply.
2. Academic Achievement
You must demonstrate strong academic achievement in your previous studies. For undergraduate scholarships, you must have a minimum admission average of 80% or equivalent in your previous studies. For postgraduate scholarships, you must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent in your undergraduate degree.
3. Program of Study
You must be applying to or have been accepted into a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate program at Humber for the upcoming academic year. Both degree and diploma programs are eligible.
4. Scholarship Application
You must submit a completed online scholarship application, including:
- A personal statement outlining your achievements, involvement in extracurricular activities, career goals, and reasons for applying to Humber.
- An up-to-date resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your academic achievements, work experience, volunteer experience, etc.
- Reference letters from two individuals who can speak to your abilities and potential. References from teachers who have taught you or supervisors who have evaluated you are preferred.
- Official final academic transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. Unofficial or e-transcripts are accepted for the scholarship application.
By meeting these eligibility criteria and submitting a strong application, you will maximize your chances of being selected as a recipient of a Humber International Entrance Scholarship.
How to Apply for the Humber International Entrance Scholarships
To apply for the Humber International Entrance Scholarships, you will need to submit a completed application for admission to an undergraduate program at Humber College. Once you have been accepted into your program of study, you will automatically be considered for available entrance scholarships. No separate application is required.
To qualify for the Humber International Entrance Scholarships, you must:
- Be an international student admitted to your first year of full-time study in an undergraduate degree, advanced diploma, or diploma program at Humber College.
- Have a minimum admission average of 80% or equivalent.
- Be paying the international student tuition fees.
- Not be receiving any other Humber-funded entrance bursary or scholarship.
Scholarship recipients are selected based on a combination of:
- Your admission average. Those with the highest entrance averages will receive priority consideration.
- The strength and relevance of your previous academic program. Those who completed a rigorous pre-university or university preparatory program will rank higher.
- Extracurricular involvement and community service. Participation in clubs, sports, volunteer work, and other activities are viewed positively.
Scholarship offers will be made in May and June for the fall intake and October and November for the winter intake. The scholarship amount will be deducted from your tuition fees owing for the first semester.
To maximize your chances of receiving an entrance scholarship, apply for admission to your program of choice as early as possible to allow the college to fully consider your application. Submit all requested documentation, including official final transcripts, promptly. Though not mandatory, you are also encouraged to include details on your extracurricular and community involvement in your application.
Scholarship Amounts and What’s Covered
Scholarship Amounts and What’s Covered
The Humber International Entrance Scholarship program offers generous awards to help offset the costs of your studies. Scholarship amounts range from $1,000 to $5,000 Canadian dollars (CAD) per academic year. The scholarships are automatically renewable for up to four years of full-time study in most programs, as long as you maintain a minimum 3.5 grade point average.
The funds from these scholarships can be used to pay for essential expenses related to your studies at Humber including:
- Tuition fees for courses
- Books, supplies, and equipment required for your program
- Accommodation such as on-campus housing or off-campus rent
- Meal plans or living expenses
Scholarships are paid directly to you, allowing flexibility in how you allocate the funds based on your own financial needs and priorities. The awards may be used in combination with other funding options such as student loans, lines of credit, part-time employment, private education loans, family support, and personal savings.
To remain eligible for scholarship renewal, you must:
- Maintain full-time enrolment in a post-secondary program of study at Humber College.
- Achieve a minimum 3.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) at the end of each academic year.
- Continue to meet the admission requirements for your program of study.
- Notify the Scholarships and Financial Aid office in writing if you make any changes to your program or course load that could impact your eligibility.
As an international student looking to study in Canada, the generous Humber International Entrance Scholarships can help make your dreams of studying abroad a reality.
With awards of $1,000 to $5,000 available for eligible applicants, these scholarships significantly offset the costs of tuition and living expenses. By applying for these scholarships, you are taking an important step toward gaining a world-class education at Humber College. Beyond the financial support, receiving one of these prestigious scholarships demonstrates Humber’s belief in your potential for success.
As you embark on this exciting new chapter of your life in Canada, know that Humber College is fully invested in helping you achieve your goals and supporting you every step of the way. The Humber International Entrance Scholarships open doors to a life-changing opportunity.
Read also:Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships