Lazord Fellowship Scholarship 2024:You are passionate about your field of study and the impact you want to make on the world. However, the costs of higher education today are substantial and can be an obstacle to achieving your goals. The Lazord Fellowship Scholarship aims to help alleviate this financial burden for promising students in the technology field. Each year, the Fellowship awards full scholarships to 10 students pursuing degrees in computer science, software engineering, and related disciplines.
The Fellowship covers the full cost of tuition, fees, room, and board for the standard four-year undergraduate program at any accredited university or college in the United States. Recipients are also invited to participate in the Lazord Fellowship summer internship program to gain valuable work experience. If you are dedicated to using technology to solve pressing problems, apply for the Lazord Fellowship Scholarship today. This prestigious award could be your ticket to a bright future.
Overview of the Lazord Fellowship Scholarship 2024
The Lazord Fellowship Scholarship 2024 offers high school seniors in the United States an opportunity to fund their undergraduate studies. Two recipients will each receive $20,000 per year for four years to attend an accredited four-year college or university of their choice.
Applicants must demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, leadership abilities, and a commitment to community service. Candidates will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Academic Performance: Applicants must have a minimum 3.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) to be considered. Priority will be given to students in the top 10% of their graduating class.
- Leadership Experience: Applicants should demonstrate leadership roles in extracurricular activities such as student government, athletics, clubs, volunteer organizations, or other student groups. Leadership positions and meaningful contributions will be considered.
- Community Involvement: Applicants must show a commitment to community service through volunteer work, community outreach, or other charitable activities. Priority will be given to applicants with a demonstrated long-term commitment to impactful community service programs.
The Lazord Fellowship Scholarship aims to support students who have not only achieved academic excellence but have also demonstrated strong leadership, character, and community spirit. Recipients will join a lifelong community of Lazord Scholars and have access to networking and mentorship opportunities.
Applications open on January 1, 2024 and close on late March, 2024. Interested students can apply on the Lazord Fellowship website. Applicants will need to submit transcripts, test scores, a personal essay, letters of recommendation, and a resume outlining their leadership and community service experience.
Eligibility Requirements for the Lazord Fellowship
To be eligible for the prestigious Lazord Fellowship, applicants must meet several requirements.
1. Academic Achievements
Applicants must have earned at least a 3.7 GPA in high school or be in the top 10% of their graduating class. Strong academic performance demonstrates the work ethic and intellectual ability needed for this fellowship.
2. Field of Study
The fellowship only supports undergraduate study in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) fields at accredited four-year colleges or universities. STEM areas of study include but are not limited to biological sciences, chemistry, computer science, engineering, mathematics, and physics. Applicants must declare a STEM major prior to receiving fellowship funds.
3. Leadership and Community Involvement
The selection committee seeks applicants who have shown leadership, initiative, and engagement in their schools and communities. Participation in extracurricular activities like science fairs, robotics clubs, volunteering, sports, music, student government, or school publications are examples that demonstrate these qualities.
4. Financial Need
While academic excellence is essential, financial need is also considered. Applicants must show that they require financial assistance to attend college. Total family income, number of dependents, medical expenses, and other relevant factors are taken into account.
5. Application Requirements
To apply, students must submit an official application including personal essays, high school transcripts, letters of recommendation, and financial records. Selected finalists will also participate in interviews with the selection committee.
Meeting these eligibility requirements is the first step to becoming a Lazord Fellow. With diligence and determination, you can achieve this prestigious honor.
How to Apply for the 2024 Lazord Fellowship
To apply for the 2024 Lazord Fellowship, you must meet the eligibility criteria and submit a complete application.
To be eligible for the Lazord Fellowship, you must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student enrolled at an accredited 4-year college or university in the United States.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- Have an intended career path in public policy, government service, or political science.
- Be a U.S. citizen or Canada permanent resident.
2. Application Requirements
The application for the Lazord Fellowship includes the following materials:
- Application form: Provide your personal information, education details, honors and awards, extracurricular activities, work experience, and career goals.
- Personal essay: In 500 to 1000 words, explain your interest in public policy and how you intend to contribute to the field. Discuss your career aspirations and how the Fellowship will assist you in achieving your goals.
- Official transcripts: Submit transcripts from all undergraduate institutions you have attended. Transcripts must show your GPA and confirm you are a full-time student.
- Letters of recommendation: Submit 2 to 3 letters of recommendation from professors or work supervisors who can speak to your abilities, talents, and potential for a career in public policy or government.
- Resume: Provide an up-to-date resume summarizing your education, work experience, skills, and accomplishments.
The application deadline for the 2024 Fellowship is March 15, 2024. Selected finalists will be invited to interview with the selection committee in March. The 10 Fellowship recipients will be announced in May.
FAQs About the Lazord Fellowship Program
The Lazord Fellowship Program receives many inquiries from interested applicants. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions and their answers:
What are the eligibility criteria for the Lazord Fellowship?
To be eligible for the Lazord Fellowship, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled in or have recently graduated from an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S. or Canada with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Be available for an extended internship for 10 to 12 weeks over the summer at one of Lazord Foundation’s partner non-profit organizations.
- Have an interest in learning about and gaining experience in public service and non-profit management.
- Be proficient in English and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a resident or citizen of the U.S. or Canada. International students on student visas are ineligible.
- Be at least 18 years of age by June 1 of the fellowship year. There is no upper age limit.
What does the Lazord Fellowship provide?
The Lazord Fellowship provides the following benefits:
- A stipend of $6,000 USD for the 10-12 week summer internship to help offset living expenses.
- Travel reimbursement of up to $1,500 USD for transportation to and from the internship location.
- Access to networking opportunities with leaders in the non-profit sector.
- A certificate of completion and letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship.
- The opportunity to gain valuable experience in an area of public service or non-profit management of interest to the fellow.