Canadian University of Saskatchewan Scholarships for International Students:As an international student, pursuing higher education in Canada can seem like an impossible dream. Between tuition fees, living costs, and travel expenses, the total cost of attending a Canadian university is staggering. However, don’t lose hope.
The Canadian University of Saskatchewan offers generous scholarships and funding specifically for international students that can make your goals of studying in Canada a reality.
With awards ranging from $500 to $50,000 per year, there are opportunities for students from all backgrounds. The U of S is committed to attracting top talent from around the world and supporting students in financial need. If you have the grades and motivation to study in Canada, the U of S can help provide the means.
Review these prestigious awards in detail to find ones that match your unique situation. While the costs of a Canadian education remain high, scholarships like these can make a life-changing opportunity accessible.
Don’t let finances stop you from pursuing your dreams – the support you need may be out there waiting for you. The University of Saskatchewan wants to invest in your future. Let them.
Canadian University of Saskatchewan Scholarships for International Students: Overview
The University of Saskatchewan offers several scholarships for international students at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
1. Undergraduate Scholarships
The University of Saskatchewan International Excellence Awards are available for high-achieving international students entering undergraduate degree programs. They provide $10,000 CAD per year for up to 4 years of study.
The Saskatchewan Advantage Scholarship provides $4,000 CAD per year for up to 4 years of study in undergraduate programs. Applicants must have a minimum admission average of 80% or equivalent.
2. Graduate Scholarships
The University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship program offers $18,000 CAD per year for Master’s students and $21,000 CAD per year for PhD students for up to 2-4 years of study. Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 80% in each of the last 2 years of study.
The Saskatchewan Innovation and Opportunity Scholarship offers $20,000 CAD per year for up to 2 years for Master’s study and up to 3 years for PhD study in STEM fields. Applicants should have outstanding academic achievement and research potential.
Read also:The Northcote Postgraduate Scholarship
Eligibility Requirements for International Student Scholarships at the University of Saskatchewan
To be eligible for international student scholarships at the University of Saskatchewan, you must:
- Meet the admission requirements for your chosen program of study. This typically means having a high school diploma or equivalent and English language proficiency.
- Be considered an international student, meaning you are not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee. You must have a valid study permit.
- Maintain full-time student status by taking a minimum of 9 credit units per semester. Some scholarships require 12-15 units per semester.
- Have a minimum admission average or English language test score. Requirements vary for different scholarships but are typically 75-85% or an IELTS score of 6.5-7.5.
- Provide personal statements or letters of reference from teachers or employers. Strong references can strengthen your application.
- Meet additional criteria like financial need, community service or extracurricular activities for some scholarships. Check the details for your chosen scholarships.
- Apply for scholarships before the posted deadlines, typically 3-6 months before the start of your program. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
By meeting the eligibility criteria and submitting a strong application, you have an excellent chance of obtaining funding to support your studies at the University of Saskatchewan. With hard work and perseverance, international students can achieve their dreams of studying in Canada.
How to Apply for Scholarships at the University of Saskatchewan as an International Student
To apply for scholarships at the University of Saskatchewan as an international student, you must meet certain requirements and follow the application processes carefully.
1. Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for scholarships at U of S, you must:
- Be an international student accepted into a degree or certificate program
- Meet the minimum admission average for your program of study
- Demonstrate financial need (for some scholarships)
- Have a study permit for the duration of your program
2. How to Apply
To apply for U of S scholarships, you must:
- Submit an application for admission to U of S. You will be automatically considered for some entrance scholarships when you apply.
- Complete the International Student Financial Assistance Application to be considered for additional scholarships. This application opens in October for students commencing study the following September.
- Provide any additional documentation requested, such as reference letters, statements of purpose, or transcripts.
- Meet all deadlines for the scholarships you wish to apply to. Deadlines vary but are often in January or February for September enrollment.
- Check your application status regularly and respond promptly to any requests for further information.
By following these steps and ensuring you meet all eligibility criteria, you will maximize your opportunities to receive a scholarship to help fund your studies at the University of Saskatchewan.
Deadline: February 2024 / October 1st 2024
Benefits of The Scholarship
The University of Saskatchewan offers generous scholarships for international students that provide many benefits.
1. Tuition Waiver
The International Excellence Scholarship waives up to 100% of tuition fees for the duration of your degree. This allows you to focus on your studies without the financial burden of high tuition costs.
2. Living Stipend
Some scholarships provide a living stipend to help cover costs of living in Saskatoon such as accommodation, food, and transportation. This support can range from $1,000 to $10,000 per year.
3. Work Experience
Certain scholarships offer valuable work experience through internships, co-op programs, or research assistantships. Gaining Canadian work experience provides useful skills and knowledge for your career.
Scholarships allow you to network with professors, fellow students, and professionals in your field of study. These connections can lead to mentorship, collaboration, job opportunities after graduation and more.
5. Permanent Residence
International students who graduate from the U of S are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada through programs like the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. Scholarships make studying in Canada more affordable and help you meet the requirements to apply for permanent residence.
As an international student, pursuing your education at a reputable Canadian university likely seems like an exciting yet daunting challenge, especially considering the financial implications.
The good news is that the University of Saskatchewan offers a variety of scholarships specifically for international students to help make your goals achievable. With many opportunities available based on both merit and need, you have options to explore.
While the application process requires effort and planning, the rewards of a world-class education and the experience of living in Canada can be life-changing.
Don’t let financial fears hold you back from applying to the University of Saskatchewan. Their international student scholarships could make your dreams of studying abroad come true.
Read also:Curtin University Scholarship 2023/2024